Last Updated: November 24, 2015
PLEASE READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND THE USER AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING OUR SERVICES OR OUR SITE.
USING THIS WEBSITE CONFIRMS EACH USER'S ("YOU" OR "YOUR") CONSENT AND AGREEMENT TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT AND TO OUR USER AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THE USER AGREEMENT OR THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE.
THIS WEBSITE IS NOT DESIGNED FOR USE BY ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. ANY USE OF OR ACCESS TO THIS WEBSITE BY ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 IS PROHIBITED. EVIVE WILL NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM WEBSITE USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
Each time You visit this website, You should check the date of this Privacy Statement (which appears above) and review any changes that have been made since Your last visit to the website.
This Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") is written to inform You and anyone else who uses this website of the information Evive Health ("Evive" or "We") may collect when You visit or use the website, and how Evive may use such information. At Evive Health, your privacy is very important. We strive to protect the personal information under our control and to maintain the security and integrity of that information. This Privacy Statement is part of and incorporated into the User Agreement applicable to Evive's website and any terms capitalized herein but not defined shall have the meanings assigned to such terms in the User Agreement.
Evive may change this Privacy Statement at any time. You should visit this page periodically to review the User Agreement and Privacy Statement. You agree that your continued access and use of this website will bind You to any new terms of the User Agreement and Privacy Statement.
Collection of Information:Because Evive provides a service to help You navigate Your benefits programs, we ask You for the sort of personal and medical information needed in order to make such evaluations. We will not sell, share or rent this information that is collected in the Evive service to others in ways different than from what is disclosed in this Statement. Evive collects information about You from both You and others at several points in our service. Portions of our website may allow You to provide Evive with Personal Information in order to deliver requested materials or services to You, respond to Your requests, or enable You to update, revise, or unsubscribe from receiving services or information from Evive.
Information CollectedBecause Evive provides a service for the coordination, quality improvement or management of health care and related services, We collect the sort of personal and medical information needed in order to make such evaluations. We will not sell, share or rent this information that is collected in the Evive service to others in ways different than from what is disclosed in this Statement. Evive collects information about You from both You and third-parties at several points in Evive's service.
Pre-Registration.You may be pre-registered for Evive by your employer's group health plan or its third party administrator, which may include administrators for medical, dental, pharmacy, and behavioral health services ("TPAs"). The pre-registration process requires the collection of contact information about You (for example, name, date of birth, and a unique identifier such as membership ID). Your health plan may provide (or may have its TPAs provide) additional information. This information will be used by Evive to set up your MyEvive services.
Communications.The purpose of Evive is to provide You with the ability to understand, analyze and better organize Your healthcare and related financial information. Certain communications (for example, e-mails and other communications with Evive) are recorded and maintained by Evive. Evive considers these communications to be personal and private and will not use or disclose these communications except as provided for in this Privacy Statement, where required by law, or unless You agree to additional use and disclosure of such information.
Provided Information.From time to time, Your health plan (either directly or through its TPAs) may provide Evive with, or Evive may otherwise access and collect from such parties, healthcare financial information (which may include medical or other information contained in their medical records, patient files or bills) or other information about You. This may include sharing of information about You via integration between our service and certain systems used by You and by Your health plan or its TPAs containing information about You. We may also receive information from other service providers engaged by Your employer (such as payroll processors, health savings account custodians, or retirement plan administrators) that have a part in administering Your employer's plans or programs.
The types of personal information we receive may include:
- Contact information, such as name, address, phone number, email address, and company name
- Other personal information, such as a government-assigned identifier (for example, Social Security Number, Social Insurance Number), date of birth, gender, marital status, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, income history and military history
- Sensitive personal information, such as racial or ethnic origin, medical care information, health information, religious or philosophical beliefs and trade union membership
- Employment information, such as date of hire, employment status, pay history, tax withholding information, performance records, leave information, and date of termination
- Benefit program participation and coverage information, such as benefit elections, beneficiary information, claims information, benefit plan account numbers and balances, and date of retirement
In addition, You may provide us with additional information manually during the use of our services, including
- Answers to survey questions about Your health, goals and preferences.
- Demographic information such as height, weight or biometrics values
- Fitness tracker information You provide, or authorize to be provided, to Evive
- Access to Your calendar
- Financial Information including HSA Account number or Credit Card Numbers
Website Log Files - Evive may also log information related to Your website visit or mobile site visit.
This information can include:
- The address (or "URL") of the web pages You visit
- The browser You used to view our website
- Your Internet provider (IP) address
- The type of computer or device You used to view our website
- Any clicks on a "Like" button
- Statistics on page views
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information We collect about You. Evive uses this log file information to analyze trends, administer the service, and monitor service traffic and usage patterns for internal security purposes and to help make the Evive service more useful.
Use And Disclosure of Your Information
In addition to the uses and disclosures of information outlined above, Your information may also be used and disclosed as follows:
- Assess the needs of Your employer's business to determine suitable products.
- Send You communications in accordance with the services provided by Evive to You on behalf of Your employer or group health plan
- Respond to customer service inquiries.
- Collect and compile research information in accordance with the services provided by Evive to Your employer or group health plan
- Provide our services.
- Implement third party services on behalf of Your employer.
- Evive may, to the extent permitted under applicable laws including HIPAA, provide Your employer on an ongoing basis with data necessary to enable Your employer to manage incentive, reward, and wellness programs
- If another individual is viewing/managing Your account with Your permission, this person can view all Your information entered in Evive on Your behalf.
- Survey You to evaluate and improve the Evive service. If You participate, We will request certain personal information from You.
Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and You therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as age). We use this information to improve the service accuracy and develop new products.
- We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless We give You prior notice and choice.
- Provide information as required by law.
- Update You on service and features that You might find useful.
- Use Your provider and/or insurance plan information to customize Your experience.
- Your Personal Information could be transferred to or acquired by a third-party in the event of an Evive merger or acquisition. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Site, of any change in ownership, uses of Your Personal Information, and choices You may have regarding Your Personal Information.
Security:Evive protects the Personal Information obtained through this website in a securely designed database. Evive uses reasonable and appropriate safeguards to protect Your Personal Information consistent with applicable law. Evive's website may require You to provide a unique Code in order to change or modify Personal Information, or unsubscribe from Evive's services. Evive utilizes these Codes to verify Your identity in order to protect You and others from the release of Personal Information or unauthorized changes to the services provided to You and others by Evive. Your account on the Evive website is protected by a password for your privacy and security. In order to protect your privacy, never share your sign-in name or password and always log out of Evive when you are finished using the service.
We understand the responsibility that comes with being trusted with your personal information. We've implemented various security measures to protect the confidentiality of all the personal information We process, in both electronic and paper formats. We have policies, procedures, and controls to reduce the risk of unauthorized or accidental use, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, and We train our employees on data security. Only employees who have a job-related need to access your personal information are authorized to do so. In addition to these employees, Evive limits access to your personal information to your employer and authorized service providers. Additionally, when You enter sensitive information (such as a completed health survey), We encrypt the transmission of that information using methods such as secure socket layer technology (SSL).
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, We cannot guarantee absolute security of Your Personal Information. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, or believe someone has accessed your Personal Information without authorization, please contact Evive immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to protecting personally identifiable information also means that:
- We won't sell or lease your personal information to any third party.
- We will share your information with Evive partners, affiliates, and subsidiaries to the extent necessary to provide the provisioned services. For instance, if we receive personal information for one of our partner's services, We will send the submitted data to our partner.
- We require that our service providers enter into confidentiality agreements intended to protect Your Personal Information. These companies are authorized to use Your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. For instance, where commissioned by Your employer, We may provide Your personal information to a service provider for purposes of printing and mailing Your annual employee compensation and benefit statements to You.
- We won't use, transfer, or disclose Your personal information to anyone other than described in this statement, unless authorized by You or Your employer, except:
- In connection with Your employer's plans and programs,
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
- In response to law enforcement requests,
- When We believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect the property, interests, and rights of Evive or your employer.
- If We process Your Personal Information, We will comply with the applicable requirements of a relevant data protection law. For instance, "protected health information" will be processed consistent with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Retention of InformationEvive will store and maintain Your information in accordance with the requirements agreed to by Evive and Your group health plan or its TPA. We will also retain Your information for as long as Your account is active or as needed to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom We partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. We may not recognize or respond to "do not track" technologies employed by Your browser.
We may also occasionally use "web beacons" (also known as "clear gifs," "web bugs," "1-pixel gifs," etc.) that allow us to collect Non-Personally Identifiable Information about Your response to our email communications, and for other purposes. Web beacons are tiny images, placed on a web page or e-mail that can tell us if You have visited a particular area of the Site. For example, if you have given us permission to send You emails, We may send You an email urging You to use a certain feature of the Site. If You do respond to that email and use that feature, the web beacon will tell us that our email communication with You has been successful. Because web beacons are used in conjunction with persistent cookies (described above), if You set Your browser to decline or deactivate cookies, web beacons cannot function.
E-Mail communications:Do not send e-mail communications containing personal health information to Evive. Evive cannot secure any Personal Information sent by e-mail because such information can be accessed by other internet users. If You send Evive a question by e-mail, Evive's use and disclosure of that information will be limited to the minimum necessary amount needed to respond to your question.
Unsubscribing, Correcting, or Updating Personal Information:If Your Personal Information changes or if You no longer desire to receive communications from Evive, You may update or correct your Personal Information, or unsubscribe at any time on the website.
We will retain Your information for as long as Your account is active or as long as the data is reasonably useful for commercial purposes. We will retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties:
Business Partners. Evive may work with business partners in making our services available to consumers. Our policy is to require companies with whom We do business to support the same privacy policies We do. When You sign up for these services, We will share information only as necessary for the third party to provide related services or assist us in providing our services such as offering customer service, and other health improvement services contracted by Your employer or group health plan. These parties are not allowed to use personal information except for the purpose of providing these services. Note that any disclosures to Your health plan will be in strict compliance with the limitations imposed on disclosures of PHI to group health plans under the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
De-Identified Information:On occasion, Evive may make arrangements with certain customers or business partners to share certain de-identified aggregate pattern information in order to assist such customers or business partners improve their service (such as evaluating patterns, utilization, usage and trends). Evive may also share such information with You or other users of our service. This type of information may be based in part on information related to You, but does not allow for the personal identification of any individual (in other words, it is "patient de-identified"). This information will not be used by the customer or business partner for marketing and/or any purpose other than as set forth above.
Evive removes your identity from your personal information (contact, health and/or financial) and may work with it as anonymous ("de-identified") information. De-identified individual information is information about a user presented in a form where information about one anonymous user would be indistinguishable from information relating to other anonymous users. De-identified individual information is not in a form that allows anyone studying the information to personally identify any user.
Aggregate information is information that describes the habits, usage patterns and/or demographics of users as a group but does not reveal the identity of particular users. Your anonymous data is combined with the anonymous data of other Evive users and becomes statistics. We may use aggregate information within Evive to understand the needs of the Evive user community and determine what kinds of programs and services We can offer to You. Evive could use this anonymous information to give potential users or business partners a picture of the Evive community and services. Aggregate information may be provided or sold to third parties. Absolutely no personal identifying information is included in the aggregate reports; each individual remains anonymous.
Law Enforcement and Protection of Users and the Site:To the extent permitted by law, Evive may disclose Personal Information to governmental authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. Evive may also use or disclose Your Personal Information as permitted by law to apply or enforce the User Agreement, or protect Evive's rights, interest, or property as well as those of our affiliates, customers, or website users. Following such disclosure to any third party, Your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.